Friday, April 23, 2010

Be Careful Little Mouth What You Say

WOW! the book of James is AWESOME! It is amazing how small, yet how powerful things can be. Like the rudder of a massive ship is what guides & directs it...so too does the tongue guide & direct your next thoughts & how you treat people & how people can or can't respect you.
James 3:9 - With the tongue we praise our LORD and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in GOD"s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.
I have in the past had somewhat of a foul mouth...behind closed doors. I started to realize that at church it was all "Praise the LORD!" "GOD is good" "Holy is HE!" and at home...well let's just say...NOT SO PRETTY or glorifying to the LORD. James compares this behavior with being like a spring that produce both fresh water and salt water...which is impossible...without GOD...and I know GOD isn't behind my tongue or my double sidedness.
James also compares our tongues to a fire set to a great forest...
"The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell."
WOW! that's convicting!
I recently started wearing a rubberband to snap myself for cussing, but now that it's not so much an issue, I've decided to snap myself for saying anything negative against others...be it a stranger or my hubby, or really anyone...next will be to control my thoughts too...any negative thoughts, about myself or anyone else...SNAP!
"For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him." - Words of the LORD! I am going to start storing only good...purging the old evil within...
It never ceases to amaze me...how much wisdom can come from just one little paragraph in GOD's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment