Friday, April 30, 2010

Power of Prayer...? Or Power of GOD!

So often you here the saying "there's power in prayer"...but really the power is in GOD, not our prayers. Prayer is powerful, not because of what we say or feel while doing it, it's powerful because the One answering (be it yes or no) is powerful. Prayer is simply a tool, a means of communicating with the Creator of heaven and earth.
How often do we go by what we "feel" as humans...but GOD is more than a "feeling"...even love is more than just a "feeling". What we feel is irrelevant really... In order to really understand this I look to Scripture...as the LORD prayed in the garden, HE did not feel like dying on that cross, HE asked that it not have to happen at first...but then HE sought out the will of the Father instead. How often we ask for things out of our own selfish, fleshly desire and ambition...instead of seeking GOD's will for our lives. I want what I want...but ultimately I want the will of the ONE who created me, who knows me...better than I know myself, the ONE who's plans for me are to prosper me, not to harm me, to give me a hope and a future...I will seek HIM with all my heart and I will know HIM more and gain a better perspective of what HIS will is for my life. I pray that my words will be HIS words, my thoughts will be HIS thoughts, my actions be HIS acts...all in worship...all in love...all in total devotion to HIM, the Holiest of Holies. Praise and Glory be to the KING of Kings!

1 comment: