Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Kids say the darndest things...

The innocence of a beginner's speech is so precious. I called my mom to wish her a Happy Valentine's Day and Anniversary...when my precious little 3 year old came to me and asked to talk to "Gram". He promptly said "Happy Valenday Times Gram!" with a huge smile and melted both our hearts. I love the specific way he says words that he hears others say...we had a Valentine Party at church and he probably heard me and many others say it, so he took a stab at it and came up with "Valenday Times".
Just makes you appreciate the precious sweetness of their innocence. GOD has truly blessed me with the most awesome precious little ones to care for...I am humbled and amazed!
In the morning we always snuggle and I ask him if he slept well and had good dreams. I asked him this morning what he dreamed of..."Jesus" was his reply...my heart melted.
Last night as I dressed for Brendan and I to go out, I put on a skirt...he (Sammy) walked in and asked...

Sammy: "You puttin on that dress mama?"
Me: "Yep"
Sammy: "You gettin pretty? ...so Daddy will kiss you?"
Me: "Oh...if I 'get pretty' Daddy will kiss me?"
Sammy: "Uh huh"
Me: "Be sure to give Daddy that tip...K?"
Sammy: "Ok"

Sammy has a friend at church that he is just in love with...a 6 year old little girl named Bella. Later at dinner I asked him...
Me: "When Bella gets pretty, do you want to kiss her?"
Sammy:(with sheepish grin) "Uh huh"
Me: "Don't you be kissing any girls except Mama and Sissy until you're married young man"
I could barely mutter the words through my laughter...oh boy do I have my hands full with this little Casanova. At least she's the only one he has eyes for...wouldn't that be something if they got married in 20 years?

No comments:

Post a Comment