Thursday, March 4, 2010

Love Language

There are 5 basic love languages, according to Dr. Gary Chapman. They are, in no particular order: 1. Words of Affirmation, 2. Quality Time, 3. Receiving Gifts 4. Acts of Service, and 5. Physical touch.
I have a hard time pinning down what my hubby's love language is...my kids are easy.
My 13 yr. old girl - touch and affirmation for sure, she still loves to hold my had and she gushes when I pay her a compliment and my 3 yr. old boy - quality time and gifts for sure; he just wants someone to be in his room while he plays choochoo trains and give him a little rock and he's a happy little man...but what about my honey...he is such a hard book to read, he's so cryptic and mysterious. Just when I think I've got him pegged, he clams up and does a 180 on me, more like a 90 and then a 45 then 180, keeps me guessing...I guess...
I just want to love him the best way I can, but how can I if I can't figure him out completely. I've been trying to figure it out by seeing what he does for me and I think it is receiving gifts also and I'm not sure about another one if there is one...I'm going to start with affirmation, I don't know if he ever heard any of that as a child and may not even be aware of what he needs, himself. But I will not rest until I figure it out, so for the next 5 days I'm going to try a different one each day and see what he responds to the most. So I'll be blogging the results and we'll see. Today is hopefully going to be quality time and I'm planning a special dinner for an act of service tomorrow. I know how he responds to gifts...usually pretty well, that's why I'm thinking that's his primary language, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment